Thursday, February 6, 2014

Happy 8th Birthday Narmer!!!


 Hola Reinas (Hello Queens),

On August 8th, we celebrated my son's, Narmer, eighth birthday.   Wow!!!  Time has flown by so fast.  It is still fresh on my mind when my husband and I brought him home from the hospital (NYU Medical Center - Manhattan) measuring 20 inches, six pounds & 11oz.  Today, he stands at 4'4", 69 lb.  My gift of joy is growing up into an outstanding young little man.

My son has brought the BEST out in me.   He is one of the reasons why I returned to school to pursue my Masters in Education and becoming a teacher.  I am ready to take on the world and make an impact on the future of our children.  He has inspired me to put my best foot forward each and every day with dignity and pride.  I have really enjoyed this chapter of my life as a MOM.  It has been very enlightening and rewarding, and I am looking forward to the upcoming challenges in my new teaching career.   I now have the ability to make a positive impact on many children in our community, year after year!!!

 

To celebrate his birthday, I brought cake and pizza for all children at his soccer camp.  In addition, on Monday, August 12th, my husband and I took him to Great Adventure.  Narmer  was able to ride many roller coasters with his father and also participate in the Safari adventure, which I highly recommend.  Considering that it is in Jackson, New Jersey,  the Safari was an exhilarating and interactive experience.  In a Safari vehicle, we explored 350-acre preserve with over 1,200 animals from six continents including elephants, rhinos, tigers, giraffe,  and lions. 

We literally closed down the park at 10:00 p.m. and returned tired from a fun-filled day. 

P.S.-- The lines are very long.  We purchased Flash Passes (Platinum) in order to avoid long lines.  It is expensive, no doubt; however, time is money and our purchase was worth it.  Our wait on lines were less than 10 minutes, and we were able to ride each ride (offered) twice...Wow...It is worth it!! 

So, in summary, we are now planning his next birthday (9th) August 8, 2014....So it begins...more to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment